Table of Contents
What is Digital marketing?
Digital marketing refers to a set of marketing practices using digital methods. In simple words, the use of internet and other forms of online communication to promote a business. Digital marketing is also known as online marketing.
Digital marketing campaigns are typically executed using electronic mediums. These include computers, televisions, phones, tablets, etc. The most common examples of digital marketing are online advertisements, social media posts, blogs on the internet, etc.
Digital marketing is often contrasted with traditional marketing. Traditional marketing using newspaper ads, magazine ads etc. is still in practice, but has many shortcomings. However, when traditional marketing is paired with digital platforms, the result is just glorious.
Digital marketing relies on the use of internet by the customers. If there is not internet connection or electronic media, there is no digital marketing.
TYPES OF DIGITAL MARKETING:
Digital marketing strategies are numerous in number. These are:
- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and it entails making your website and content, such as blog entries, more search engine friendly.
- SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing, and it is promoting your products and services through paid advertisements that show on search engine results pages.
- Social media platforms entail using social media networks such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and others to promote your business.
- Paid marketing/ influencer marketing involves employing sponsored advertisements on numerous social media sites to promote your brand. Advertisements on Facebook and Instagram, Pinterest Promoted Pins, LinkedIn, and Twitter are just a few of the alternatives.
- SMS advertising means sending advertising campaigns or transactional messages using text messages is referred to as text messaging.
BENEFITS OF DIGITAL MARKETING:
If you place an ad in your local newspaper, your ad will “expire” the moment the newspaper publishes a new edition. This implies you’ll have to renew it on a regular basis, at a significant cost. A blog article from last month, on the other hand, can continue to bring you visitors for years to come.
Personalization is easier
Because digital marketing is based on the collection of user data, you may have a far deeper understanding of your customers’ preferences. This enables you to design highly personalized marketing efforts that your clients will understand. It’s also simpler to close a transaction when your marketing is personable.
Real-time consumer communication
every social media post and even every email you send as part of your marketing plan allows you to connect with your customers in real time.
Results can be measured easily
Last but not least, owing to technologies like Google Analytics, measuring the performance of your digital marketing activities is a lot easier.
What is email marketing?
Email marketing can be defined as marketing of business products/services with the help of emails. In other terms, ecommerce email marketing helps in generating sales by sending emails. It is a very powerful marketing strategy. If used correctly, it can change the fortune of your online small business as well.
The benefit of email marketing comes from the fact that it helps in establishing personalized contact with the buyers. Email marketing as a form of online communication is not only effective, but also simple. Email marketing is new way of marketing using the online channel of communication.
TYPES OF EMAIL MARKETING
Different types of email marketing include:
Newsletters are recurring email campaigns that are sent on a regular basis. Newsletters can contain a variety of material, from giving backlinks to informing subscribers about what’s new in your business. These emails let you continue to nurture your prospects and grow the know, like, and trust factor. Other advantages can be seen in statistics from newsletter emails.
When you wish to advertise a certain course, service, or product, you’ll send a promotional email. These are generally one-time, deadline-driven emails that can help you increase sales. You may even provide a unique discount code to entice your subscribers to make a purchase in some situations.
Transactional emails make it easier to communicate about business deals. Order confirmation emails, order processing updates, shipment updates and notifications, refund updates, and other similar communications are included.
Lead Nurturing emails
When new leads or subscribers join your list, you send them a series of 5-7 emails called a lead nurturing email sequence. You’ll usually do this over the course of a week or longer to help your leads get more comfortable with your brand.
Launch Email Marketing Campaigns
Finally, launch email campaigns are a series of emails sent when a new product or service is launched. It might be a small series of 3-5 emails, or it could be much longer. It’s sent throughout your launch time and is designed to pique your audience’s interest and encourage them to make a purchase.
BENEFITS OF EMAIL MARKETING
Email marketing comes with its own set of perks and benefits. The most obvious advantage is that email marketing efforts offer a high return on investment. According to a 2015 research, email marketing may produce $38 for every $1 spent. Email marketing also has the following advantages:
If you add links of your website, products, and blog articles in your email, your subscribers can click on these, resulting in greater traffic to your website. This is also known as Call-to-action button or CTA buttons.
Leads to sales
Planning a holiday sale? Inform your subscribers and provide a coupon code to entice them to make a purchase.
Email marketing may be used to nurture leads and subscribers throughout their customer experience. Email can help you convert visitors into loyal customers in a variety of ways, from onboarding to client retention.
Unlike social media, you own your email list and have total control over when your subscribers read your email. You won’t have to worry about algorithms, and you’ll always have a direct line of communication with your clients since you can carry your list with you.
You can segment and categorize your subscribers in practically any email marketing platform. You may utilize this to send campaigns tailored to their interests, increasing open, click-through, and conversion rates.
DIGITAL MARKETING VS. EMAIL MARKETING: A COMPARISON
- Digital marketing has a very wide scope as compared to email marketing. Digital marketing involves a plethora of marketing strategies such as social media marketing, SMS marketing, influencer marketing, copywriting, blogging, etc. On the other hand, email marketing is limited just to sending emails.
- All the practices under the ambit of digital marketing does not necessarily appeal on a personal level to the customers. On the other hand, personalized connection with the customers is the inherent part of email marketing.
- All the practices of digital marketing are not really affordable, some require professionals. On the other hand, email marketing does not require professionals and huge investments.